Position TitleProject Manager – Finance
Business Services FunctionAdministration, Operations & Risk (AOR)
Position TypeContract (12 months)
Role purposeBaker McKenzie is modernizing its Professional & Business Services (PBS) functions to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of how it delivers services to clients.
The Project Manager - Finance will be part of the Delivery Management Team and Programme Management Office (PMO), and will play a strategic role in the implementation of Finance processes globally. This implementation will promote revenue growth, helping drive the Firm forward in its ambitious goal of being the legal firm of choice and the employer of choice for its people.
- Support the project Delivery Management team in the coordination of the project management effort and associated activities for a service(s)
- Create, manage and execute the project schedule, including defining the required steps to achieve project objectives, the required resources and work allocation, and the management of dependencies to ensure delivery within agreed timeframes and ensuring compliance against agreed project framework, methodologies and governance
- Create, manage and execute the project schedule, including defining the required steps to achieve project objectives, the required resources and work allocation, and the management of dependencies to ensure delivery within agreed timeframes
- Proactive and effective stakeholder management, including organisational change, communications, training and organisational engagement; analyse and adapt key collateral for individual audiences
- Risk and issue management, with a strong focus on the identification, analysis, response and escalation of key project risks; communicate risk effectively in order to protect project schedule
- Team leadership, including the day-to-day management and oversight of project analysts, ensuring quality and performance; lead and drive weekly scrum sessions with broader project team
- Ensure project quality and compliance through effective integration into the PMO and the adherence to established standards and methodology
- Focus on value-based outcomes both quantitatively and qualitatively
- Collaborate for results and become a respected leader
Travel requirementsTravel may be required to Firm Meetings and other Firm offices to meet implementation deliverables (up to 15% at crucial peak times).
FunctionOur Administration, Operations & Risk (AOR) function supports and manages the day-to-day operations of the Firm, providing expert and inmarket support regarding office management, office services and facilities, real estate management, risk management, and secretarial and administrative services.
The PMO has been tasked to change how the professional and business services teams work and provide services to our internal and external clients. The initiatives on which the PMO works will promote revenue growth, helping drive the Firm forward in its ambitious goal of being the legal firm of choice and the employer of choice for its people.
As part of this approach we are innovating, redesigning processes, re-envisaging the use of technology and adopting best in class principles. This covers the full range of services and represents a significant change process within the Firm.
You will report toSenior Project Leader - Finance
- PMO Team
- Finance function
- Local office Finance leadership
- Center leadership
Technical skills, qualifications and experience
- Bachelor's degree related to business and/or a related field or equivalent work experience
- Qualified accountant strongly preferred
- Independent practitioner who is comfortable working in an unstructured environment
- Strong post-college project management experience in consulting, accounting, banking, technology or finance
- Experience in professional services is highly desirable
- Experience in relationship building, gaining consensus, and adoption methods
- Experience working directly with senior counterparts on strategy and execution
- Project Management Professional or PRINCE2 Practitioner certification (strongly preferred)
- High level of attention to detail
- Continued drive for excellence and high quality, despite frequent iterations, changes in priority, scope and stakeholders
- Excellent collaboration skills and comfortable with an agile and iterative development process that includes accepting and managing feedback from various stakeholders
- Excellent English language skills (verbal and written) and the confidence to communicate in a multi-cultural, multi-level environment
- Excellent time management and organizational skills; ability to prioritise and manage time to meet deadlines
- Strong presentation and documentation skills, word processing, spreadsheet, and Powerpoint skills
- Have confidence and experience in a deadline driven environment
- Disciplined and thoughtful approach to client focus and consultation
Personal QualitiesThese personal qualities represent the shared characteristics of high performers across Baker McKenzie, regardless of job level and location.
Know how, e.g.,
- Keeps across key developments in all relevant areas and demonstrates the ability to develop substantive authority in relation to the Firm's specialist fields
- Demonstrates the ability to identify the real issue, and to anticipate requirements and potential consequences; distills a range of possibilities by thinking in a considered, prudent manner
- Able to move through a variety of tasks requiring different approaches, knowledge, and expertise, with agility of mind and capacity for analysis and synthesis
- Driven by a strong personal sense of integrity and upholds exemplary quality standards
- Prepares thoroughly, takes responsibility, uses initiative and is self-reliant to ensure work progresses to the fullest extent possible
- Hardworking and diligent with a keen understanding of client demands
- Demonstrates composure when dealing with difficult situations
Personal Impact, e.g.,
- Creates a positive impression at all times; develops relationships through collaboration and reciprocity
- Negotiates to achieve outcomes that are mutually satisfactory; shows good judgement on when to stand strong and when to compromise
- Invests in, nurtures and builds a network of productive relationships
- Respectful to others, regardless of their position, and earns the respect of others by being transparent
- Has care and concern for others and a genuine interest in others as people
- Treats delicate or confidential issues with grace and discretion
About Baker McKenzieBaker McKenzie helps clients overcome the challenges of competing in the global economy. We solve complex legal problems across borders and practice areas. Our unique culture, developed over 65 years, enables our people to understand local markets and navigate multiple jurisdictions, working together as trusted colleagues and friends to instill confidence in our clients. This is an exciting time to join us as we invest in and further develop our Professional & Business Services organisation, leading to rewarding and challenging career opportunities in all of our world-class business functions.
We are committed to promoting diversity and inclusion for all. Our unique international culture is reflected in the drawing together of a worldwide family of individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds in all of our offices. We encourage the best people – regardless of race, religion or belief if any, gender, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation or age – to fulfill their professional aspirations with us.