Position Description:Lenovo is more than a global technology company. We’re a leader in genuine innovation, dreaming up – and building – the technology and services that enable and inspire progress around the world.
We’re the progressive thinkers, creative doers and endless tinkerers who will always challenge the traditional and who know true groundbreakers never stand still. We’re proud of what we’ve created already and even more excited about where we’re headed.
No matter what team you’re a part of, from marketing to IT, this is the type of place where you can create real impact.
During these difficult times around the world Lenovo continues the hiring for our key positions. Do not hesitate to apply as we are able to connect with you over the phone and video conference later to run our interviews. We are also ready to welcome & onboard you in the company in a new online way!
We are currently looking for a new Indirect tax colleague to join the Netherlands or Belgium office. As our teams are closely working together, you will be supported during your new journey with Lenovo. We also offer flexible working conditions and you can work from home.
While this role is based in Amsterdam or Diegem you will be expected to contribute to and support the EMEA tax team on Indirect Tax matters. As such you will report to the EMEA Head of Tax.
In this position you will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Manage and advise the business on EMEA Indirect Tax matters on a daily matter
- Participate in global tax projects and provide valuable tax support in order to mitigate EMEA Indirect Tax risk including reviewing of tax BSR’s and sign off on User Acceptance Testing
- Assist with the tax analysis of new business operations (Global customers and/or Supply chain support)
- Review (global) agreements on tax clauses
- Assist the EMEA Indirect tax team with change request of new indirect tax law (i.e. SAF-T, VAT rate changes, system changes etc.)
- Support and prepare documentation for external and internal audits
- Interact closely with various teams within Lenovo, outside vendors to provide innovative consulting in a timely and effective manner
- Ensure handling of issues as much as possible in-house and develop a strong in-house tax expertise that supports the business and its strategy
- Attend professional development and continuing educations sessions on a regular basis and update subject matter expertise.
Position Requirements:What are we looking for:
- Academic degree or master degree in fiscal law or fiscal economics
- 8+ years of relevant tax experience in house and/ or tax advisory practice. Industry experience is considered as a benefit
- Excellent understanding of the key indirect tax concepts/ indirect tax laws across EMEA.
- Good working knowledge of the indirect tax consequences and international trade (flow of goods).
- Good working knowledge / experience of financial and accounting processes/ procedures as well as SAP/ERP systems, excel, power point etc.
- Ensure effective and timely turnaround to the tax and regulatory authorities on the ongoing tax issues in co-ordination with various internal teams.
- Used to working under tight deadlines with strong independence
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills in order to interact with finance staff and senior management
- Fluent in English, fluent in Dutch/Flemish is a benefit
- High level of flexibility, dedication and motivation. Independent, enthusiastic, informal perseverant colleague
What do you get in return
- Flexible working hours with the option of working from home
- Minimal travel requirement
- Pleasant working atmosphere
- Do you want to work in a dynamic environment and do you have the experience, energy and mindset to fulfill this position? We are looking forward to your application
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any federal, state, or local protected class.