Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
SummarySenior Designer, Concept & Trends is responsible for elevating the Under Armour product experience with a focus on Global Silhouette Trends for Men, Women and Youth. You will deliver and drive Silhouette & Proportions Concept tools for various categories at Under Armour’s Global Headquarters in Baltimore, Maryland. We’re looking for an enthusiastic and collaborative designer who is dialed into Apparel Global Trends and can influence and inform the future of category look & feel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Articulate and drive categories’ apparel silhouette/proportions trends that meet both aesthetic & business needs
- Present and drive categories Apparel global trends to design and cross functional partners
- Lead and ensure multiple categories’ head to toe silhouette trends & future application for GTM strategies
- Create looks and demonstrate proportion system of dress through concept design tool and applications theory
- Research and deliver silhouette and proportion visuals based on global runways analysis, relevant emerging trends and support seasonal category color look & feel
- Build and execute category proportion evolution design tools that support brand creative direction
- Collaborate with fellow apparel, footwear & accessories designers to drive holistic brand proportion direction into GTM deliveries
- Participate in design reviews with cross functional teammates with a focus on silhouette & design trend insights
- Collaborate with Inline Product, Color, Material and Ops to improve feasibility limitations and application translation
- Partner with Product design, Product Management and Merchandising functions to meet both aesthetic & business
- Drive and inform seasonal silhouette & proportion classification/ naming strategy
- Ability to push the boundaries in silhouette, looks, & proportion. Think outside the box and bring unique ideas to life
- Mentor Concept designer I and II
- Foster positive and supportive work spirit and culture
Qualifications to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to executeeach essential duty satisfactorily. The qualificationslisted below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- BFA in Design with 7+ years’ experience in apparel design & trends
- Strong taste level and knowledge of fashion apparel global trends
- Strong presentation skills and ability working with a group in an extremely fast paced environment
- Good understanding of construction, form, material, color for Apparel, Footwear and accessories
- Must be detail oriented, able to prioritize tasks and work under pressure to successfully meet multiple deadlines.
- Excellent Mac computer skills with full proficiency in Illustrator, Photoshop, Keynote, and InDesign. Other computer skills: Office, iWork
- Obsessive drive to push the boundaries
- Attention to detail and experience multitasking and working under tight deadlines
- Ability to collaborate with fellow design teammates and cross functional partners
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.