Los Angeles Medical Center 4867 W. Sunset Blvd., 4867 W. Sunset Blvd., Los Angeles,California, 90027
Description:For one large unit or more than one smaller unit within a 24 hour department, supervises the implementation, delivery and evaluation/improvement of quality patient care/nursing operations and services that add value and are integrated with nursing standards of practice, service priorities and performance/outcomes measures, as well as with departmental, business and organizational goals/objectives.
- Supervises the delivery of nursing services and patient care within one unit(s) which are integrated with business and department plans and meet or exceed cost, quality, clinical and utilization standards and performance measures.
- Ensures that unit(s) services meet members', physician and internal clients' needs in a changing, competitive health care market.
- Supervises a single unit (8 to 24 hours) of approximately 20 or more employees or more than one smaller unit.
- Ensures patient care and quality standards are met and comply with federal, state, and local regulatory requirements and established departmental policies and procedures, utilization and clinical/performance standards and measures.
- Supervises and ensures continuous improvement of all clinical practices, services and operations by designing and implementing systems, processes and methods to evaluate and improve patient care within the unit.
- Supervises day-to-day activities of the unit(s); monitors quality service and utilization standards; supervises shift(s) activities and delivery of patient care.
- Supervises unit(s) day- to- day clinical operations including practice standards, staffing, payroll, budgets, fiscal management, and quality improvement.
- Develops and implements action plans to improve staff development and the delivery of patient care.
- Monitors the quality of service and utilization standards and assumes specific responsibility for patient care at the unit level.
- Ensures coordinated plans of treatment, customer focused care and cost effective utilization of services.
- Monitors the allocation and utilization of unit(s) personnel based on continual changes in patient population/needs and provides the best level of patient care while identifying savings opportunities.
- Works with health care providers outside of the unit(s) to achieve optimal patient care across the continuum.
- Researches, identifies, and implements best practice models developed in unit(s) or by other units.
- Investigates and resolves patient/family/member concerns regarding patient care.
- Supervises the daily unit(s) operations, including human resources management, department and employee safety programs, and risk management.
- Minimum three (3) years of clinical nursing experience relevant to a given position/department (e.g., emergency nursing, medical surgical) required including two (2) years of leadership experience.
- BSN or bachelor's degree in a relevant field required or completion of a relevant bachelor's degree within two (2) years of hire.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current California RN license required.
- Current BLS certification required and ACLS certification preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of quality improvement and clinical care delivery processes, staffing, and budgeting.
- Knowledge of Nursing Practice Act, JCAHO and other federal, state and local regulatory requirements interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Master's degree preferred.
- At least 2 year- experience in Telemetry setting and 2 year- experience as Manager/Leadership position. - Board Certified preferred.
Primary Location: California,Los Angeles,4867 Sunset Medical Center 4867 W. Sunset Blvd.Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40Shift: EveningWorkdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, SunWorking Hours Start: 3:00 PMWorking Hours End: 11:30 PMJob Schedule: Full-timeJob Type: StandardEmployee Status: RegularEmployee Group/Union Affiliation: Salaried, Non-Union, ExemptJob Level: Manager with Direct ReportsJob Category: Nursing LicensedDepartment: Stroke/ Telemetry UnitTravel: No Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.